I've been saving up the pennies in my 'fun budget' for a little while now... I can't even remember the last time I went to the thrift store! Seriously, what is happening to me!?
I've been trying to pare down what I own, last month we went through our stuff in storage and at home again and sent more stuff to the goodwill. Donated some furniture to friends and family, etc. And in the midst of getting rid of all that stuff, well, I guess it's making me not want more stuff. Especially stuff that I'm not 250% in love with.
The name of the game is intentional purchasing you guys. It's something I'm aspiring to anyways. So this wishlist list has been put together pretty carefully, most of it have been on my backburner-someday-wishlist for literally months or even years. And when I realized I'd socked away enough change and that it was also my birthday month I'd decided to get myself a few birthday presents this year. Yay!
1. Backpack // I've been waffling between the Herschel Little America Backpack and the Poler Rucksack all month... I want a backpack with a laptop sleeve, that can also carry my camera and alternatively be used as a day pack. In the clear out session I found so many bags that only had one purpose, so those all went and I'm on the hunt for one that is roomy enough for a days worth of stuff but also has that retro vibe. I'm leaning toward the Herschel pack and I'm hoping to pick one up by the end of the month!
2. Sewing Machine // I happily received a vintage sewing machine as a hand-me-down from my mom and grandma years ago. But sad to say, it bit the dust almost two years ago and despite a trip or two to the repairman, I couldn't get it going again. I need to do more research before I invest in a new one... so I guess technically this should be on the end of the list. But it's time to replace it - I have a couple projects I'd love to get done this winter. Any recommendations for a good basic machine to look into?
3. Nikon 35mm // A wide angle lens, yet another one that has been on the wishlist for awhile! Joe helped me figure out which lens to get. I ended up going with the f2 because the price is more reasonable and it's also more compact than the f1.8. So far I'm pretty stoked about it and looking forward to having some time to play around with it a bit more - hopefully you'll see some room tours soon!
4. Tiger Says Meow // This poster is just rad. End of story. I've pinned it a ridiculous amount of times. And I finally ordered one when Society6 had free shipping last week! I can't wait for it to show up!!
5. New Measuring Cups // There's always an exception... and this would be it. I was in Anthropologie with my birthday coupon and these basically jumped out at me and begged to be taken home. And since I kinda ruined some of my current ones, I figure it was a justified impulse buy...kinda <insert winky face>
6. Leather Boots // So I've literally been looking for leather boots for at least four years. I guess you can say I'm indecisive... Haha. Anyways, I finally stumbled on these Savin Hill Mid Lace Boot by Timberland online and decided to take the plunge and order them on Amazon and I love them! So far they fit pretty well and once the leather breaks in they will hopefully fit even better.
Extras // Not pictured but also on the list are a gym membership and a library card (at least that one is free!)
What about you guys? Anyone else have a backburner-someday-wishlist? What's on it?